To load chocolate into your Cocoa Press, you'll need to follow the steps below for best print results.
This guide assumes that you've already cleaned your cartridges following this guide. Please do so before attempting to load chocolate, as failure to properly clean your cartridge may cause prints to fail in exceedingly high rates.
- Wash your hands before handling food-contact components.
- Insert Cocoa Core into cartridge body via the top opening.
- Tilt back the extruder assembly on the printer carefully.
- On the home screen, press "Load / Unload" and use the unload (down arrow) option to lower the leadscrew until the plunger adapter is visible.
- Push the red plunger piece onto the plunger adapter.
- Use the load menu option to fully raise the leadscrew.
- Insert the cartridge into the extruder assembly and visually align the screw hole.
- Use the thumb screw to secure the cartridge in place.
- Using the Load / Unload menu, lower the leadscrew until the motor stalls.
- This step removes air from the cartridge and ensures print uniformity.
- Tilt the extruder back vertical, and secure with latch.
- If printing soon, preheat Cocoa Core using "Preheat" menu.
- Select the Cocoa Core type you're using to preheat, as a timer is shown on screen counting the twenty minutes down to ensure consistent preheating.
Ensure the firmware version you're on is up to date if using white chocolate. Those temperatures may change over time as we dial in our settings.
- Once timer expires, press and hold "Extrude" on main menu to gently extrude the now softened Cocoa Core.
You're now ready to print your next amazing creation!